Profile
Links
Sign here
Contact me

So you found my Navigation bar? Click anywhere you want then :)
The Moon's A Harsh Mistress
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 | 10/11/2011 08:56:00 AM |
The Moon

by Robert Louis Stevenson

The moon has a face like the clock in the hall;
She shines on thieves on the garden wall,
On streets and fields and harbour quays,
And birdies asleep in the forks of the trees.

The squalling cat and the squeaking mouse,
The howling dog by the door of the house,
The bat that lies in bed at noon,
All love to be out by the light of the moon.

But all of the things that belong to the day,
Cuddle to sleep to be out of her way;
And flowers and children close their eyes
Till up in the morning the sun shall arise.


I like this Poem as my fondness upon the poet - Robert Louis Stevenson. I like the rhymes and of course the meaning it carries. As you can see, full moon of 2011's October will be about tomorrow (if nothing goes wrong with our astrological road).

Found an interesting fact the day before yesterday. There's this bright ring hovering around the moon and we called it halo. It's not unusual for me (as I'm addicted to the moon) and it actually happens all the time. So just in case there's nothing to lose, here there are:




According to this site, there's nothing interesting about the fullness of this month. Duh~ I was expecting this:

Legend tells that, if in the moonlight of Hoshana Rabbah, on the seventh day of the Sukkot, an individual casts no visible shadow from their forehead upon the Earth, then it is their destiny to die during the approaching year.

--An Ancient Jewish legend


So without further a do, I would like to present you a song:



The Moon's A Harsh Mistress - Celtic Woman

See her as she flies
Golden sails across the sky
Close enough to touch
But careful if you try
Though she looks as warm as gold
The moon's a harsh mistress
The moon can be so cold

Once the sun did shine
And lord it felt so fine
The moon a phantom rose
Through the mountains and the pine
And then the darkness fell
The moon's a harsh mistress
It's hard to love her well

I fell out of her eyes
I fell out of her heart
I fell down on my face, yes I did
And I tripped and I missed my star
And I fell and fell alone
The moon's a harsh mistress
The sky is made of stone

The moon's a harsh mistress
She's hard to call your own

VOILA! Most passionate song ever!
*Le applause

Labels: ,

2 comment(s) // U Mad?